Since its inception, there have been various activities at the Sri Aurobindo Aradhana Trust towards realising the aims and objectives of the Trust. Special programs are organised to propagate the teachings of Sri Aurobindo and The Mother and bring together people from all walks of life through these ideals. Programs that inspire and nourish the mind by a process of enquiry through discourses, lectures, talks, seminars, meditation and appreciation programs on art, culture and music. OBJECTIVES people the trust
The Sri Aurobindo Aradhana Centre, Bangalore is an active spiritual, cultural & social organization committed to propagating the teachings of Sri Aurobindo and The Mother and integrating these into every walk of life.
The Trust, a non-profit voluntary organization, came into being on December 4, 1992, under the guidance of Shri Dyaman Bhai, Managing Trustee and Shri M.P. Pandit of Sri Aurobindo Ashram, Pondicherry. Having made its mark in the realization of the philosophy and teachings of Sri Aurobindo and The Mother, the trust has embarked upon the ambitious project of creating its own premises at Green Fields, Bangalore, North.
The Objectives of the Centre are
- A Research Centre for exploring the spiritual significance of Nature and Her many splendoured bounty, as elucidated by the Mother
- A sponsor of University Graduates conducting research on Sri Aurobindo and the Mother, by providing accommodation and infrastructure facilities
- Guidance Camps for Integral Yoga and Meditation as well as Physical Education
- Exhibition Centre of various mediums in celebration of the splendour and glory of Nature
- Unique Education Centre structured on the vision of Sri Aurobindo and the Mother for the development of a wholesome individual with integral character through the training of a multi-level consciousness of the physical, vital, mental, psychic and the spiritual
- Health Care Centre promoting the concept of simple living and high thinking through exotic, yet simple, inexpensive and highly effective branches of alternative medicine including flower therapy, health treatment and nutritive health foods
- Spiritual Retreat with residential facilities and access to the numerous in-house activities, for specific periods towards the rejuvenation of the body, mind and soul
- Women Empowerment to help realize the fullest potential of women as the ultimate home maker and nurturer of the family through specialized training programmes aimed at according economic independence to women with dignity and honour
- Training Centre for the fine arts through short-term and integrated courses in music, drawing, painting, crafts, flower arrangement and landscaping
- Store-house of knowledge through a well-built library of books and Audio-visual material on the Mother and Sri Aurobindo.
- Translation, Printing and Publishing of the writings of Sri Aurobindo and the Mother
MANORAMA VIRA Managing Trustee
Manorama Vira, Manu, as she is popularly known, is a noted name in the world of Bonsai, Saikei and Ikebana and is fine tuned to this splendid art with her outstanding accomplishments in the aesthetic forms of dance, music and painting. A fitting testimony to Manu's special talents has been the naming of a special Hibiscus flower after her name by the Lalbagh Horticulture Society, Bangalore...
Her dream project of having a centre building for the Mother's work at Bangalore got completed in 2005 and was inaugurated by the then Governor of Karnataka - Sri T.N. Chaturvedi on 21st Feb 2005.